LIST OF ACCEPTABLE FICA DOCUMENTS IN VARIOUS INSTANCES
The list of FICA below is not a conclusive and extensive list of all documents required in every possible scenario but is meant as a guide within the frame work of FICA.
In all instances copies of the documents are required to be duly verified by the Accountable Institution (AI).
In all instances the documents listed below which reflect the name and residential address of the client, are acceptable PROOF OF RESIDENCE.
- Utility Bill ;
- Bank statement from another bank (banking institutions cannot accept
their own statements);
- recent Lease or Rental Agreement;
- Municipal Rates and Taxes invoice;
- Mortgage Statement from another institution;
- telephone or cellular account;
- valid Television Licence;
- recent long-term or short-term insurance policy document issued by an
- recent motor vehicle license documentation;
- statement of account issued by a retail store;
- statements from other accountable institutions;
- Co-habitant affidavit (co-habitant to provide ID and proof of residence);
FICA FOR NATURAL PERSONS – SA citizens
- Green Bar coded ID book or new Smart ID card;
If above not available and proper explanation is obtained then
- Passport or Drivers licence;
And supplementary information
- Proof of residence not older than 3 months;
- Place of employment;
- Contact details;
- Tax number.
FICA FOR NATURAL PERSONS – Foreign Nationals
- A valid unexpired passport or document issued by the relevant authority of the country that serves as a ID document and contains a recent photo, date of birth and national ID number;
- Asylum seeker or refugee permits;
- Work permits;
- Visitors visas.
FICA FOR TRUSTS
- Copy of trust Deeds;
- Letters of Authority;
- Resolution of all trustees nominating authorised representative;
- Copies of ID document and proof of residence of all trustees and supplementary information as per Natural persons.
FICA FOR COMPANY- Listed Company
- A Valid document which provides proof that company is listed on stock exchange;
FICA FOR COMPANY- Unlisted Company
- COR 14.3 Registration Certificate;
- COR 21 Notice of Registered address;
- COR 15.1A Memorandum of Association;
- Certificate to commence business;
- Proof of registered address for the company not older than 3 months;
- Resolution by all directors of the company nominating authorised representatives;
- Copies of ID document and proof of residence for all directors, shareholders and representatives of the company and supplementary
information as per Natural persons;
FICA FOR A CC
- CK1 Founding Statement or CK2 Amending Founding Statement;
- Proof of registered address for the CC not older than 3 months;
- Resolution signed by all members nominating authorised representative;
- Copies of ID documents and proof of residence of all members and authorised representative and supplementary information as per Natural persons ;
- ¸ Death Certificate;
- Letters of executorship or Section 18 Master’s directions;
- Copy of ID and proof of residence of Executor;
- Partnership agreement or written confirmation from partners that no written partnership agreement exists;
- Proof of physical business address;
- Copies of ID documents and proof of residence of all partners and supplementary information as per Natural persons.